ORLANDO, Fla. – In today’s Florida real estate market, buyers can choose from a wide selection of homes. That makes it easier to find suitable single-family homes, townhouses or condominiums. But the knowledgeable advice of a Realtor® in Florida is more important than ever in determining which one offers the best fit.
“Buyers need to set reasonable expectations and have done their homework,” says Suzanne Sherer, a sales associate with RE/MAX Realty Team in Cape Coral. “A Realtor can advise you on what home is right both for today and tomorrow.”
Florida’s Realtors understand that a home is more than just a collection of bedrooms and bathrooms. Two homes with similar bedrooms, baths and prices, for instance, may offer very different designs, commuting distances, lot sizes, tax costs, interior dimensions, and exterior finishes.
Therefore, it’s important for buyers to identify the features that are most important for their current lifestyle and for their potential needs in the future. A couple in their 20s, for instance, might prefer a three- or four-bedroom home so they don’t have to relocate if they start a family.
Here are some questions to consider:
• How many bedrooms do you want?
• How many bathrooms?
• Do you prefer a clean, modern design or something with a more traditional ambiance?
• Would you prefer a yard for children and pets or a lower-maintenance condominium?
• Do you want a formal dining room?
• Do you prefer an open floor plan?
• Would you want a two-story home?
• Do you want energy-saving appliances and systems?
• Do you want to have a pool, whirlpool spa or outdoor patio?
• Do you need space for a home office?
• Are there any other special features you need, such as an elevator or ramps for wheelchair access?
“Buyers need to be clear as to the features and amenities their new home has to have versus would be nice to have, and be able to prioritize them,” Scherer says. “That will help you narrow your choices until you find the home that’s just right for you.”